The Neapolitan Music Festival will be held in
Toronto, Canada from April 12 – April 22, 2023.
The piano competition is open to amateur musicians.
All rounds are open to the public.
Music Festival entrants may participate in the following piano categories:
Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced.
To participate in this event, please download the registration form
Please review the online piano syllabus for more information on registration and requirements.
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Neapolitan Music Festival piano competition will be held in Toronto, Canada from April 12 – 22, 2023.
2. The competition is open to amateur pianists only, meaning an entrant’s livelihood is not derived from the profession or practice of music.
1. Entrants will be judged by the highest artistic standards with regard to musicianship, technical proficiency.
2. Printable programs will be available for spectators online for the duration of the music festival.
3. All rounds will be open to the public.
1. Piano – Beginner
2. Piano – Intermediate
3. Piano – Advanced
1. The Jury reserves the right not to award all prizes.
2. The Jury may issue special awards of distinction.
3. The decisions of the Jury are final, requiring no explanation.
4. The Jury reserves the right to refuse any participant at its discretion.
5. The Adjudicator may discuss the performances of any participant.
6. All complaints must be submitted in writing and emailed to the Neapolitan Music Festival.
1. Registration forms must be printed clearly, and submitted with registration fees by or before Friday March 31, 2023.
2. NMF organizers reserve the right to accept or reject any application. Late registration forms may be considered on a case-by-case basis upon receipt of a $20 late fee.
3. It is the responsibility of the teachers and contestant(s) to read the rules and enter the correct class.
4. Piano Festival classes may take place at any time during the festival’s duration.
5. Piano class, dates and selection changes will not be permitted.
6. The schedule of the piano competition will be sent to the teacher only.
7. Registration fees must be submitted along with the festival registration form.
8. Registration fees will not be refunded and will definitively belong to the music festival.
9. No receipts will be issued.
10. There will be additional charges of $25.00 CAD for any N.S.F. cheque.
11. Please notify the office of any change of address.
Scholarships and Awards:
1. Certificates will be issued for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in solo classes on the day of the competition in graded, or other categories.
2. Awards will be issued for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in solo classes in graded, or other categories at the Young Masters of Classical Music Final concert on Saturday, May 27, 2023 at 3pm.
3. Scholarships are awarded on the recommendation of the Adjudicators to competitors who show the most potential of future musical development.
4. To be eligible for a scholarship, music festival competitors must enter and compete in a minimum of two different classes (graded, or any other). All recipients must have a mark of 90 or more in at least one class.
5. All Scholarships will be presented at the Prize Giving ceremony of the Young Masters of Classical Music Final concert on Saturday, May 27, 2023.
6. Scholarship recipients must be present at the final concert.
7. At the final concert the Grand Prize winner will be invited to perform in a concert production with The Neapolitan Connection Concert Series.
8. Neapolitan Music Festival has the right to all concert recordings and events related to the Music Festival.
Requirements for Performance & Programming Procedure:
1. Artists are responsible for travel expenses.
2. Entrants must provide their own accompanists and page-turner, if required.
3. All piano works (Solo, Concerto, etc) must be performed from memory, with the exception of Studies.
4. All time limits must be carefully observed.
5. An original copy of the music score must provided for the Adjudicator in advance.
6. Performance pieces may not be used in more than one class.
7. The Music Festival committee reserves the right to combine or divide a class into two sections if necessary.
8. Neapolitan Music Festival or Montgomery’s Inn Museum will not be held responsible for lost/damaged property.
9. The Young Masters of Classical Music final concert and Prize Ceremony will be held on Saturday, May 27, 2023 at 3pm.
A limited number of tickets to Young Masters of Classical Music final Concert are available at the cost of $20.00 per ticket.
Tickets can be purchased during the competition, or by phone at 647-262-4316.